Monday, March 16, 2009

WELL DONE OUR GIRLS!!

I am just back from my holidays and was over-whelmed when I received a phone call in Tenerife from our Team to tell me that we had won the Perth and Kinross Sports Personality of the Year Team Award.

When I first sent off the nomination I believed our team deserved all the praise and recognition that was available and I am so pleased that I am not the only one who feels this way! The team have been outstanding as both a team and also with their own personal achievements. But what pleases me most is they act as a team both during team events and matches but also during individual events throughout the year in tournaments both home and abroad, I am very very proud of them all.

I also feel credit is due to the hard work of the officials who spend their valuable time organising coaching, matches and of course the Jamboree. The whole committee are fantastic but special thanks must go to Shona who is a brilliant match secretary and of course Lenore who is a great vice. I know the team really appreciate the time and effort involved.

A brilliant start to the year for P&K and I know the start of another great year.

Well done all!

No comments:

Post a Comment