Saturday, December 05, 2020

EMILY PEDERSON IS RACE TO COSTA DEL SOL CHAMPION

'The great Dane' Emily Pedersen has dominated the Ladies European Tour this season to win the 2020 'Race to Costa del Sol' title in style.


Denmark’s Emily Pedersen signed-off on her impressive Ladies European Tour season with a victory at the Andalucia Costa Del Sol Open De Espana and her third LET title in a row to win the 2020 'Race to Costa del Sol' by a huge 834-point margin.

The 24-year-old Dane has been in unstoppable form all year. She recorded a remarkable seven top ten finishes from 12 starts, won four LET individual titles, shot a career-best 11th place in a major at the AIG Women’s Open at Royal Troon, pocketed €415,000 in prize money and finished with more than triple the points of her nearest challenger, Sweden's Julia Engstrom.

Pedersen is only the second player to win three LET titles in a row, after France's Marie-Laure de Lorenzi in 1988, and only the second Danish golfer to top the money list on any major international tour, emulating six-time LET winner Iben Tinning, who won the LET Order of Merit in 2005.

It's been a remarkable turn-around for Pedersen, who has recently been struggling to make cuts and had slumped as low as 540 in the Rolex World Rankings last year. As a result of her latest triumphs, she has catapulted into the top 100 for the first time in her career and sits on top of the European Solheim Cup standings.

Reflecting on her increadible season, Pederson said:

"I can’t believe I’ve won the Race to Costa del Sol, it’s always been a dream of mine and I am so happy to not only be playing well this year but to win a few trophies too. There were times when I thought that I wouldn’t get back to my best but working with my team we have focused really hard on not just reaching the same level of where I was but going past it. The last few months have been amazing."

"I’m proud to be flying the flag for Danish golf and I’ve had so many nice messages from not just players on the LET but the men’s European Tour too. I enjoyed myself on the golf course this year and winning the Race to Costa del Sol will give me lots of confidence for 2021 as I set my sights on being part of Team Europe for the Solheim Cup and maybe even the Olympics."

No comments:

Post a Comment