Monday, October 26, 2020

ALLY McDONALD WINS LPGA DRIVE ON CHAMPIONSHIP

Solheim Cup Star Ally McDonald (USA) gave herself a big birthday present Sunday, winning the LPGA Drive On Championship for her first tour title.


The 28-year-old from Mississippi held off Danielle Kang (USA) by a stroke on the Great Waters Course, at Lake Reynolds Oconee, finishing with a three-under 69 for a -16 total of 272. Kang birdied the par-5 18th for a 68.

After her win, Ally McDonald said:

"I've never doubted my ability, but I've definitely questioned whether I would be able to win out here," McDonald said. "It's really hard to win out here. So, I've just really hung in there and tried to stick to my process since Day 1. That was able to get me in the winner's circle today. I'm really thankful."

2020 Tour rookie Bianca Pagdanganan (PHL) finished two strokes back after a round of 70.

Mina Harigae (USA) and Carlota Ciganda (SPA) finished tied on -13, a stroke ahead of Ariya Jutanugarn (THA) and Katherine Kirk (AUS).

No comments:

Post a Comment