Monday, September 21, 2020

GEORGIA HALL WINS CAMBRIA PORTLAND CLASSIC

Georgia Hall won the Cambia Portland Classic for her first LPGA Tour victory in the US, after defeating Ashleigh Buhai in a play-off on Sunday.
Georgia Hall (ENG) came from four shots behind on the final day to lead by one shot on the final hole, after a run of six birdies between the 5th and 12th holes, but a second bogey of the day on the 18th left her tied at the top with Ashleigh Buhai (ZAF) on -12.

The 24 year-old had to re-group before returning to the 18th tee for the play-off, which she won against Buhai with a par on the second hole.

It was Hall's first win on any Tour since she secured her maiden major at The British Women's Open in 2018, although she did win back-to-back events on the Rose Ladies' Series during the summer.

Mel Reid (ENG), who was the overnight leader on -12 after a superb seven-under round of 65 on Saturday, finished in a seven-way tie for fifth on -10.

After her win Hall said:

"The pins were so tricky today, so I knew the scoring wouldn't be low. I had a really good run in the middle there, three or four in a row, and had to hold on over the last few holes."

"To bogey the last I was quite upset about that. I had to refigure myself and get back to try and win that play-off."

“When I won the British, I didn't really take it all in and enjoy it properly,” Hall said. “I mean, it's hard with COVID, so I'll just see what we'll do. But I'm definitely going to enjoy it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment