Saturday, September 12, 2020

AMY BOULDEN WINS THE SWISS LADIES OPEN IN STYLE

Welsh star Amy Bolden clinched the first Ladies European Tour title of her career thanks to a brilliant 64 at the Swiss Ladies' Open.


Boulden trailed Finland's Sanna Nuutinen by a shot going into the final day of the three-round tournament, but a stunning eight-under-par round saw her finish on -17, three shots clear of Australia's Stephanie Kyriacou.

Bursting on to the scene in 2014 as "LET Rookie of the Year", Boulden has struggled with her form in recent years. The 27 year old had failed to record a top-10 finish since 2017 and was forced to return to Qualifying School in January to retain her full LET card for 2020.

After her win Boulden said:

"I am obviously overwhelmed. I was looking forward to getting out there today and I haven't been in this position for quite a while, so I just tried to enjoy it."

"One of my goals this year was to put myself into contention, and I am really happy with how I handled the pressure and how I put my foot down on the gas when I needed to. I'm looking forward to playing more like this and being in these positions more often, this is where I want to be - competing to win and I am looking forward to the next chapter."

No comments:

Post a Comment