Sunday, August 30, 2020

ALINE KRAUTER WINS THE WOMEN'S AMATEUR

Germany’s Aline Krauter held her nerve to claim the biggest title of her career by winning The 117th Women’s Amateur Championship.


The Women's Amateur Championship:

20-year-old Aline Krauter from Germany fought back from three-down after four holes to defeat England's Annabell Fuller by one-hole in a dramatic 18-hole final at West Lancashire, yesterday. The win continued the feelgood success for German golf after Sophia Popov’s AIG Women’s Open triumph last weekend.

In the morning's semi-finals, Krauter produced two birdies in the last three holes to put out the defending champion England's Emily Toy, while Fuller had a comfortable win over Italy’s Emile Alba Paltrinieri.

After her win Krauter said:

“It’s my biggest win, 100 per cent. I won the German Girls in 2016 and then I’ve played decently in some college tournaments in the US but not been close in one."

“I felt under control out there. I’m not sure what did the trick, but I was quite unphased on the course which I think helped me in the wind and the conditions. It was so fun to play in the final."

“I’m now so excited to play in the AIG Women’s Open, I’m honoured. I watched Sophia (Popov) win last week, it was amazing. I had a club fitting with her in February before COVID-19 when everything was fine. To play in the event next year at Carnoustie will be amazing.”

To view the scoring from the final and the semi-finals click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment